Please support this project! We don't have any endowment, so we're utterly dependent on donors who see the need for the work we're doing. Our directors are all volunteers, and our overhead expenses are very low. The funds we raise are spent on the development of the site - both the software and the content.
The New Christian Bible Study is a project of the non-profit New Christian Bible Study Corporation, an approved 501c3 organization. The project started in 2011, and has been funded by foundations and private donations, and carried forward by a combination of volunteer efforts and contract services for software and content development. We're very excited about what we've accomplished so far, and we have a long list of things still to do, many of which require money. A few goals are listed here:
- Gathering, preparing and publishing more language translations of Swedenborg's works.
- Gathering, writing, and editing more explanations of Bible meanings.
- Adding software functions to support features like reading plans, online study groups, discussion forums, maps, illustrations, and photos.
The project was started under the auspices of the Pittsburgh Society of the New Church, a long-time home for the New Church in western Pennsylvania, and a founding congregation of the General Church of the New Jerusalem way back in 1890. As the scope of the project grew to be worldwide, the Pittsburgh Society's Executive Committee recommended the formation of a new entity to carry it forward. The New Christian Bible Study Corporation was formed, and it received IRS 501c3 non-profit status approval in 2013. Donations may now be made directly to the New Christian Bible Study Corporation, via PayPal or by check.
Ways to make your tax-deductible donation:
1. Donations may be made online with a credit card by clicking the "Donate" button below.
2. Alternatively, donations may be made by sending a check to:
New Christian Bible Study Corporation
c/o: Pittsburgh Society of the New Church
299 Le Roi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15208 USA
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact our treasurer by email:
Thank you for your support!