Esta coleção de ferramentas de pesquisa inclui traduções da Bíblia que foram usadas por Swedenborg, bem como outros materiais úteis para estudo em profundidade.
Você conhece outros recursos que poderiam ser adicionados à nossa coleção? Envie-nos e-mail.
Swedenborg's Works in the Original Latin - Scans
- Swedenborg's Works in the original Latin - have been scanned and made available online, by the Bayside New Church in New York.
Swedenborg's Study Bibles
Van der Hooght/Schmidius Biblia Hebraica (1740) - Swedenborg's primary study Bible. This public domain book was scanned by Google as part of a project to make the world's books discoverable online.
- Schmidt Bible (1696 Edition), in Latin, Part 1 of 2 (with Swedenborg's handwritten annotations) - Swedenborg made many annotations in his copy of the 1696 Schmidius Latin Bible, probably when doing doctrinal study. This scan includes those marginal handwritten notes. More information at baysidechurch.org.
- Schmidt Bible (1696 Edition), in Latin, Part 2 of 2 (with Swedenborg's handwritten annotations) - More information at baysidechurch.org.
The Schmidius Marginalia - In this book, Swedenborg's handwritten Latin annotations in the margins of his Schmidius Bible (1696 Latin Edition) have been translated into English typescript. It includes expository material from his Bible Index. This public domain book was scanned by Google as part of a project to make the world's books discoverable online.
Castellio Bible (scans) - The Castellio Bible in Latin, translated by Sebastian Castellio (in French, Sébastien Châteillon), was sometimes used by Swedenborg as a reference. This public domain book was scanned by Google as part of a project to make the world's books discoverable online.
- Castellio Bible (photographs) - The Castellio bible on dfg-viewer.de
Tremellius Bible - The Tremellius Bible in Latin, translated by Immanuel Tremellius. In latter parts of his work The Word Explained, when Swedenborg refers to another translator, it is usually to Tremellius. This public domain book was scanned by Google as part of a project to make the world's books discoverable online.
Indexes and Concordances
- Swedenborg Concordance - The Swedenborg Concordance is a complete work of reference to the theological writings of Emanuel Swedenborg based on his original Latin writings. Compiled, edited and translated by John Faulkner Potts. This public domain book is made available by The Internet Archive.
Index Verborum, Nominum et Rerum in Arcanis Coelestibus (Index to the Words, Names, and Things in the Arcana Caelestia) - This work was finished in 1756, and was published in London, in 1815, by John Augustus Tulk, Esq.
- Parallel Passages in Swedenborg's Writings - Swedenborg says very similar things in multiple places in his theological works. Swedenborgian scholars have been interested in this, and in some cases have systematically noted these "parallel passages". Freya Fitzpatrick, a Swedenborgian Latin scholar, compiled this list from several sources, and provided it to the New Christian Bible Study Project. We hope to pull the data into our main database, but... until we do that, this workbook will be a useful reference tool: The Parallel Passages Spreadsheet. If you see needed additions or edits, please send them along!
Swedenborg's Early Studies
- The Worship and Love of God (De cultu et amore Dei) - Text provided by the Swedenborg Foundation