554. Genesis 6:1-8
1. And so it was that man began to multiply himself over the face 1 of the ground, and daughters were born to them.
2. And the sons of God saw the daughters of man that they were fair, and took wives for themselves from all whom they chose.
3. And Jehovah said, My spirit will not reprove man for ever, in that he is flesh; and his days will be a hundred and twenty years.
4. The Nephilim were in the land in those days, very much so after the sons of God went in to the daughters of man, who bore children to them; they were mighty men (vir) who from of old were men (vir) of the name.
5. And Jehovah saw that the evil of man had been increased on the earth; and all the imagination of the thoughts of his heart was altogether evil all the day long.
6. And Jehovah repented that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7. And Jehovah said, I will wipe out man whom I have created from upon the face' of the ground, from man even to beast, even to creeping thing, and even to birds of the air; 2 for I repent of having made them.
8. And Noah found grace in Jehovah's eyes.
The subject is the state of the people before the Flood.