Napsal(a) Emanuel Swedenborg
Arcana Coelestia 9710. In this chapter, in the internal sense, the subject treated of is the worship of the Lord from the good of love. This worship is signified by "the altar," and is described in general by all things relating to the altar.
Arcana Coelestia 9711. Afterward the subject treated of is the ultimate heaven, which is represented and described by "the court."
Arcana Coelestia 9712. Lastly the subject treated of is the good of charity, through which the spiritual heaven is illumined by the Lord in the truths of faith; these things are signified by "the oil of olive," and by "the luminary."
9710. Exodus 27
1. And you shall make the altar from shittim wood, five cubits the length and five cubits the breadth; square shall the altar be, and three cubits its height.
2. And you shall make its horns on its four corners; its horns shall be of one piece with it, 1 and you shall overlay it with bronze.
3. And you shall make its pans to take away its ashes, and shovels, and its basins, and its forks, and its tongs; all its vessels you shall make of bronze. 2
4. And you shall make for it a grating, a network, from bronze; and on the net you shall make four rings of bronze, on the four ends of it.
5. And you shall put it under the rim of the altar beneath, and the net shall reach down to the middle of the altar.
6. And you shall make poles for the altar, poles of shittim wood, and overlay them with bronze.
7. And its poles shall be put into the rings, and the poles shall be on the two sides of the altar when it is carried. 3
8. A boarded hollow you shall make it; as it has appeared to you on the mountain, so they shall make [it].
9. And you shall make the court of the dwelling-place on the south side, 4 southwards; the hangings for the court shall be [made] from fine twined linen, a hundred cubits the length to one corner;
10. And its pillars shall be twenty, and their bases twenty, [made] from bronze; the hooks of the pillars and their bands [shall be made] from silver.
11. And [the same shall be] so for the length on the north side; 4 the hangings shall be a hundred in length, and its pillars twenty, and their bases twenty, [made] from bronze, the hooks of the pillars and their bands [made] from silver.
12. And the breadth of the court on the side of the sea, 5 the hangings shall be fifty cubits, their pillars ten, and the bases of these, ten.
13. And the breadth of the court on the east side, 4 towards the sunrise, shall be fifty cubits;
14. And hangings of fifteen cubits shall there be for [one] wing, 6 their pillars three, and the bases of these, three;
15. And for the other wing 6 there shall be hangings [of] fifteen [cubits], their pillars three, and the bases of these, three.
16. And for the gate of the court there shall be a screen of twenty cubits, [made] from violet, and purple, and twice-dyed scarlet, and fine twined linen, the work of an embroiderer, its pillars four, and the bases of these, four.
17. All the pillars of the court round about shall be banded with bands of silver, and their hooks [made] from silver and their bases from bronze.
18. The length of the court shall be a hundred cubits, and the breadth fifty throughout, 7 and the height five cubits, [with hangings made] from fine twined linen and their bases from bronze.
19. And as for all the vessels of the dwelling-place, in all its service, and all its pins and all the pins of the court, [they shall be made] from bronze.
20. And you shall command the children of Israel, and let them bring to you olive oil - pure, beaten - for the light, to cause a lamp to go up 8 continually.
21. In the tent of meeting, outside the veil which is over the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend 9 it, from evening until morning before Jehovah. It shall be the statute of an age 10 for their generations among 11 the children of Israel.
This chapter deals in the internal sense with worship of the Lord springing from the good of love. Such worship is meant by the altar, and in general is described by everything that has to do with the altar.
1. literally, shall be from (or out of) it
2. literally, for all its vessels you shall make bronze
3. literally, in carrying it
4. literally, corner or angle
5. literally, the corner (or the angle) of the sea i.e. the west end
6. i.e. section to one side of the gate
7. literally, fifty in fifty
8. i.e. burn
9. literally, set in order
10. i.e. an everlasting law
11. literally, from with